Tap-to-Table Maple Farm Experience
For the ultimate maple experience, come join us on the farm during the harvest season (mid-February to mid-late March) in 2024! You and a guest will enjoy an overnight stay on Sunday night in one of our 4 luxe micro-cabin accommodations or share the FLX Schoolhouse with friends (the FLX Schoolhouse can accommodate 4 people) at our Burdett property.
Enjoy all that the region has to offer and then meet us on the farm on Sunday morning for a Tap-to-Table Experience, a 4-hour hands-on experience with us on the farm where you will learn the process of taking sap from a tree and making delicious maple syrup!
Your experience begins with a curated basket, called the Best of the Finger Lakes. A fine selection of our favorite items of indulgence from the Finger Lakes. You’ll be able to sip on some outstanding Finger Lakes wine and our signature FLX Morning organic coffee roasted by local roaster Seneca Sunrise Coffee. But you need a nibble, right? Also in your basket is to-die-for cheeses from our local creameries and some locally made sweet treats.
You’ll experience first-hand, how we select our trees, tap them for sap, stoke our arch with wood, and boil the sap into syrup. As we walk through the sugar bush, you’ll be able to find the tree you’ve adopted, give it a big hug, and drink the sap directly from your tree, thanking it for its sweet tree water.
Have you ever had sappy tea? It’s one of Danielle’s favorite sugaring activities at the evaporator and Mark will delight your tastebuds with a maple-infused beverage (BYOB whiskey, bourbon or vodka; we recommend stopping at FLX Distilling for some delicious locally made spirits) in our signature Grouse Hill Maple Farm mug.
During your time with us you will also be treated to a locavore’s maple-inspired brunch and maple tasting flight in our farmhouse. You’ll then nibble on homemade maple confections and whip up some fresh maple cotton candy to take home.
But don't forget! You’ll also adopt a living, producing maple tree and get to meet it on the farm!
Your adoption begins with:
- an e-adoption certificate with a picture of your tree with its ID # and personalized tree marker.
- 3 tree-mail (aka email) updates (when your tree was tapped, how it’s performing mid-season, end of harvest report).
- Recognition as a supporter on our website. You rock!
And at the end of the harvest season, you’ll also receive:
- Two 375 ml bottles of maple syrup and the spout from your tree.
- A 4 oz. box of yummy maple candy.
- A 1 lb. container of delicious maple sugar.
- An 8 oz. jar of Maple Cream, a yummy maple spread.
- A 24 oz. container of our favorite Finger Lakes pancake mix.
- As a thank you for supporting our farm, you'll also receive 20% off lodging at any of our 6 properties that can be used for one stay any time in 2024. *This can be for the Friday & Saturday night stay prior to this experience or another time of year during 2024.
The Fine Print & Things to Know:
- This experience is extremely limited!
- Experiences are on Sundays during the harvest season. They start at 12 pm and run till approximately 4 pm. You must select your date upon checkout.
- Check-in at your cabin or the FLX Schoolhouse begins on Sunday at 3 pm. This overnight stay is included in the package.
- You may extend your stay by booking a 2-night stay with us by booking Friday & Saturday nights.
- Experiences are rain, snow or shine.
- The maple season is weather-dependent. We cannot guarantee sap will be flowing during your experience however we will most likely always have sap to boil therefore you will get to experience the process.
- The maple-infused beverage will be made as a non-alcoholic version but feel free to bring your favorite bourbon or whiskey to spike it.
- Shipping of your goods after the season is not included in the price.