Say hello to our newest vacation rental in the Finger Lakes, the FLX Farmhouse!
A mid-1940's farmhouse that we renovated from top to bottom to turn it into a modern farmhouse that is both chic and relaxing. This is our largest rental and the one with the most privacy and the most land, consider it your home base for exploration and there's 25 private acres with rustic nature trails for you to wander in!
It is 3 miles from the Schoolhouse and the Micro-Cabins and a little further away from the Seneca Lake Wine Trail but closer to Montour Falls, the Watkins Glen State Park and the Watkins Glen International Racetrack which are only 8-10 miles away.
- the farmhouse: Originally a farmhouse built in the mid-1940's, the Farmhouse has loads of character and charm with modern amenities that will make your stay a memorable one. This is our largest rental at 2000 sq. ft. with 3 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom.
the location: the Farmhouse is all about privacy and exploring nature in the outdoors. It is very private, you can't see any neighbors, and very quiet. The noises of nature and an occasional car driving by is all that you will hear here. You are a little further away from the Seneca Lake Wine Trail from our other properties (8 miles away vs. 5 miles) but are closer to downtown Montour Falls, the Watkins Glen State Park, and the Watkins Glen International Racetrack. Want to head over to Ithaca or the Cayuga Lake wine trail, it's just a short 30-minute drive.
- the kitchen: we love to cook with locally grown foods from the many farms near us and the kitchen is large and well-equipped with stainless steel appliances, pots, pans, blender, waffle maker and a stocked pantry.
the morning wake area: we love good coffee and good tea. You will find everything you need for a great cup. Complimentary locally roasted organic beans from Seneca Sunrise Coffee and a fine selection of organic teas are waiting for you. The Farmhouse has a drip coffee machine, a French press, a pour over and kettle, and a Chemex. Coffee lovers, we've got you covered.
- the dining room: this area is open to the kitchen and is great for entertaining. A large, 6-person dining room table with high ceilings makes it comfortable, yet expansive.
the living areas: this is where you lounge. Comfortable furnishings make this spaces easy to enjoy. You'll find a Smart TV and a separate hangout nook on the first floor. There is also a loft lounge on the second floor that is set up with another Smart TV and a desk for remote working.
the bathroom: there is one full bathroom at the Farmhouse on the main floor. A full shower and tub, fluffy towels and washer/dryer are here for you to use. We also provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash and make-up remover for your convenience.
the bedrooms: when we travel, a cozy bedroom with a comfortable bed is a must for us and that is what you will get here. 2 large bedrooms with a king bed in each and a 3rd smaller bedroom with a queen bed. Each bed is made by Casper, the super comfortable memory foam bed adored by celebrities...and us! Plenty of pillows and warm blankets so you can relax and unwind with ease.
the decor: we wanted to keep the Farmhouse character while giving you modern minimalism throughout. Our love of Scandinavian design mixed with warm woods can be found in every corner.
the amenities: we provide bottled water, snacks and locally roasted organic coffee with each stay. You will also find shampoo, conditioner and body wash for your use. Freshly laundered linens and bathroom towels are provided.
technology: Working remotely? The Farmhouse has strong fiber-optic wifi, and a 2 smart TVs. Cell phone service can be spotty at times in different areas of the home.
- the outdoor space: the Farmhouse sits on 25 acres of wooded countryside that is private and all yours! You can explore all of it on rustic nature trails or stay closer to the house. You'll find a small deck for grilling (we have a gas grill) and a firepit right outside the dining/kitchen area and a large area attached to the garage for lounging. This area is covered too with another dining table and wood is provided for a fee on-site. It's the same wood we use for our maple farm, Grouse Hill Maple.
Want to see more? Ready to book? Click below to start your getaway.
- 2 King-size Casper memory foam beds
- 1 queen-size Casper memory foam bed
- Full kitchen with everything you need to cook a great meal including organic spices; from pots and pans, to muffin tins and a waffle maker, all you'll need to bring is the ingredients
- Coffee bar area with espresso machine, drip coffee maker, French press, pour-over and Chemex brewing methods along with a Burr grinder and scale for beans
- Complementary organic locally-roasted coffee + organic teas
- Complementary water + snacks
- Complimentary shampoo, conditioner + body wash
- Freshly laundered towels and linens with extra blankets around every corner
- Heat and air conditioning
- Pack-and-Play and baby gate
- Outdoor deck with gas grill, table for 4, Adirondack chairs and a fire pit, and a covered lounge area