Looking for your own private getaway in a cozy little cabin? Love modern design, clean aesthetics, and little luxuries? Want to try tiny living? Then the FLX Micro-Cabins are for you!
Where luxe meets little, the 4 micro-cabins are nestled atop a hill on 2.5 acres with stunning mountain views and the most peaceful and private surroundings. It's peace, serenity and overall good vibes are what attracted us to this property.
A private sanctuary to enjoy, the cozy size of the cabins are a perfect retreat. You’ll have everything you need to simply relax and rejuvenate.
Not familiar with a "micro" cabin? It's where luxe meets little. Our micro-cabins are tiny cabins but micro in size at 200 sq. feet. They are filled with the modern amenities and privacy you desire. Built by local Amish families, the cabins are super cozy along with a grassy-green area for your personal fire pit and a 120 sq. ft. private deck, picnic table for 2 and Adirondack chairs to watch the sun set; it's stunning to see. There is also a 4 burner gas grill with side burner for each cabin equipped with grilling utensils, a 12" sauté pan and rubber spatula. Their size is perfect for a couple or solo-traveler.
Traveling with friends and family? You can also rent out all 4 cabins along with the FLX Schoolhouse and the FLX Farmhouse! In total, we can accommodate 18 guests if all of our properties are rented at the same time.
- The micro-cabins were built by local Amish builders.
- There are 4 micro-cabins, each named after a school subject: Math, English, History & Science since they are neighbors to our FLX Schoolhouse.
- The interior of the micro-cabins have a balance between modern luxe and schoolhouse charm. You will find furnishings from some of our favorite brands like West Elm, Crate and Barrel and Casper.
- All 4 cabins are the same, inside and out. The only difference is that each cabin has small décor nods to the school subject it is named after.
- The outdoor deck has a mini picnic table for 2 for some al’ fresco dining and a Breeo fire pit for stargazing at night.
the location: the FLX Micro-Cabins have a perfect trifecta location: 1) they're peaceful & quiet as they sit on 2.5 acres surrounded by woods and farmland, 2) they're perched on top of a hill giving way to the most amazing sunsets against mountain backdrops, and 3) they're also conveniently located close to all of your favorite attractions. Your just 5 miles above the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and within 5 miles you will find everything you need from farm stands and wineries, to restaurants and a convenient store with gas and food. Want to head over to Ithaca or the Cayuga Lake wine trail, it's just a short 30-minute drive through farms, fields and the Finger Lakes State Forest.
the cabin: it’s a micro-cabin/tiny home, built by local Amish families, with modern amenities. Cute and cozy, the cabins are tiny at 200 sq. ft. interior and 120 sq. ft. of outdoor deck space and grassy-green area for your personal fire pit. Each cabin has a privacy wall off the deck and there is 30 feet between each cabin. Fully equipped with a standing shower and flushing toilet, kitchenette, heat and air conditioning, it has everything you need to unwind in the countryside.
the kitchenette: it’s cute but basic. You’ll find a mini fridge and microwave here with flatware & dinnerware but this isn’t a place to cook full meals. More so a place to re-heat takeout meals or keep your beverages cold.
morning java: You will find everything you need for a great cup, including a Stagg Kettle for killer pour-overs. Complimentary locally roasted organic beans from Seneca Sunrise Coffee and organic tea are both waiting for you. Morning routine, we’ve got you covered.
sleep: When you want to rest, relax and rejuvenate, you need a comfortable bed, one that holds you. And that is what you’ll get here. A queen bed by Casper, the super comfortable memory foam bed adored by celebrities...and us! Plenty of pillows and warm blankets so you can relax and unwind with ease.
the bathroom: This is not a glamping cabin; you have your own private bathroom. It’s fully-functional with a standing shower, fluffy towels and yes, a flushing toilet. We also provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash and make-up remover for your convenience.
the decor: from schoolhouse inspired vintage finds to hints of modern minimalism throughout, our love of Scandinavian design can be found throughout the cabins.
the amenities: we provide bottled water, snacks and locally roasted organic coffee with each stay. You will also find shampoo, conditioner and body wash for your use. Freshly laundered linens and bathroom towels are provided.
technology: Working remotely? The micro-cabins have strong, fiber-optic wifi (each cabin has a private network too), and a smart TV with Netflix. You can stream your own channels as well.
the outdoor space: the cabins are perched upon a hill surrounded by farm lands. We find ourselves outside after a great day on the Seneca Lake wine trail. Whether you are in the mood to light a fire in the fire pit while you gaze at the stars (on a clear night, you can see the Milky Way), grill up some dinner or breakfast on your gas grill, or hang out on your private deck, the views are stunning. Firewood is provided on site for a fee.
traveling with friends? We’ve got 4 cabins on the property as well as the original 1875 Schoolhouse, all available for rent on Airbnb. Need more? Our FLX Farmhouse is right down the road too! It's our largest property with 25 private acres for you to explore as well as a large home with 3 bedrooms and lots of room to roam.
Want to see more? Ready to book? Click below to start your getaway.
- Queen size Casper memory foam bed
- Kitchenette with mini fridge, microwave & coffee | tea water kettle
- Complementary organic locally-roasted coffee + organic teas
- Complementary water + snacks
- Fully equipped bathroom with standing shower, sink, and flushing toilet with complimentary shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, lotion + body wash
- Central heat and air conditioning
- Outdoor deck with privacy wall, picnic table for 2, Adirondack chairs, gas grill with side burner, and a personal Breeo fire pit
What we are not:
- We do not allow indoor smoking of any kind (cigarettes, cigars, vaping, cannabis, etc.) and we do not allow parties, events or pets. However if you are renting the entire property (the Schoolhouse and all 4 micro-cabins), we will be happy to entertain an event. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have more questions? See our FAQs.