Relax and get cozy at the FLX Schoolhouse, a renovated 1875 schoolhouse in the heart of the Finger Lakes, the picturesque wine region of upstate New York. Nestled atop a hill on 2.5 acres with stunning views and the most peaceful and private surroundings. You'll even have your own outdoor igloo to enjoy!
A perfect retreat for couples and friends, whether you're looking to hop on the wine trail, hike the beautiful gorges, catch a race at the renowned Watkins Glen International or to simply relax and rejuvenate at the FLX Schoolhouse.
Traveling with friends and family? You can also rent out all 4 micro-cabins along with the FLX Schoolhouse! Need even more room? Our FLX Farmhouse is 3 miles down the road and is our largest property. With 25 private acres for your to explore and a large 3 bedroom home, there's plenty of room to roam.
- the FLX Schoolhouse: Originally a one room schoolhouse built in 1875, the FLX Schoolhouse has loads of character and charm with modern amenities that will make your stay a memorable one. Expansion in the 1900's makes this 2 bedroom, 1 bath home perfect for couples and groups up to 4 people.
the location: the FLX Schoolhouse have a perfect trifecta location: 1) it's peaceful & quiet as it sits on 2.5 acres surrounded by woods and farmland, 2) it's perched on top of a hill giving way to the most amazing sunsets against mountain backdrops, and 3) it's also conveniently located close to all of your attractions. 5 miles above the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and within 5 miles you will find everything you need from farm stands and wineries, to restaurants and a convenient store with gas and food. Want to head over to Ithaca or the Cayuga Lake wine trail, it's just a short 30-minute drive through farms, fields and the Finger Lakes State Forest.
- the kitchen: we love to cook with locally grown foods from the many farms near us. Stainless steel appliances, pots, pans, blender, waffle maker and a stocked pantry are here for you to whip up a delicious meal from home.
the morning wake area: we love good coffee and good tea. You will find everything you need for a great cup. Complimentary locally roasted beans from Seneca Sunrise Coffee and a fine selection of organic teas are waiting for you. Whether you prefer a drip coffee, a french press or a Chemex, we got you covered.
the living/dining area: with an open floor concept and a 14-foot vaulted ceiling, this area is where we find ourselves the most. Great views, tons of natural light and comfortable furnishings make this space easy to enjoy. Flat screen SmartTV too.
the bathroom: A full shower/tub, fluffy towels and washer/dryer are here for you to use. We also provide shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, lotion, body wash and make-up remover for your convenience.
the bedrooms: when we stay in 1875, we are there to rest, relax and rejuvenate. A comfortable bed, one that holds you, is a must for us. You will find 2 bedrooms with a king bed in each. Each bed is made by Casper, the super comfortable memory foam bed adored by celebrities...and us! Plenty of pillows and warm blankets so you can relax and unwind with ease.
the decor: from schoolhouse inspired vintage finds to hints of modern minimalism throughout, our love of Scandinavian design mixed with warm woods can be found in every corner.
the amenities: we provide bottled water, snacks and locally roasted organic coffee with each stay. You will also find shampoo, conditioner and body wash for your use. Freshly laundered linens and bathroom towels are provided.
technology: Working remotely? The FLX Schoolhouse has strong wifi, and a smart TV.
- the outdoor space: the FLX Schoolhouse is perched upon a hill surrounded by farm lands. We find ourselves outside after a great day on the Seneca Lake wine trail. Whether you are in the mood to grill your dinner (there's a gas grill), light a fire in the fire pit while you gaze at the stars (on a clear night, you can see the Milky Way), hang out in the outdoor igloo or just lounge on our generously sized deck, the views are stunning. We provide firewood on-site for a fee.
Want to see more? Ready to book? Click below to start your getaway.
- 2 King-size Casper memory foam beds (1 per bedroom)
- Full kitchen with everything you need to cook a great meal including organic spices; from pots and pans, to muffin tins and a waffle maker, all you'll need to bring is the ingredients
- Coffee bar area with drip, French press, pour-over and Chemex brewing methods along with a Burr grinder and scale for beans
- Complementary organic locally-roasted coffee + organic teas
- Complementary water + snacks
- Complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hand soap + body wash
- Freshly laundered towels and linens with extra blankets around every corner
- Heat and air conditioning
- Expansive outdoor deck with gas grill, table for 4, Adirondack chairs and a fire pit
What we are not:
- an 1875 build gives us superb craftsmanship but also some quirks. The floors are not all level. Light switches are in odd places. The steps to the upstairs master bedroom are steep and have very short threads, meaning your whole foot most likely won't fit on the step. Easy to manage but tricky if you have spent a full day on the wine trail! The upstairs bedroom has short ceilings. If you are over 6' tall, they will be right at the top of your head.
the FLX Schoolhouse is just under 1,000 square feet, which makes it perfect for 2-4 people. It's also a work in progress in regards to our renovation. We have spent the majority of the time remodeling the inside of the home and we are now working on the exterior of the home.
- we do not allow indoor smoking of any kind (cigarettes, cigars, vaping, cannabis, etc.) and we do not allow parties, events or pets. However if you are renting the entire property (the FLX Schoolhouse and all 4 micro-cabins), we will be happy to entertain an event. Please inquire at email@example.com