Q: Where are you located?
The FLX Schoolhouse and Micro-Cabins are in Burdett, New York which is in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. The FLX Farmhouse is 3 miles away in the town of Montour Falls, NY. The Finger Lakes is within a 5-hour drive of most east coast metros, including New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, DC., Toronto, Ottawa, Cleveland, and Hartford.
The Schoolhouse is located at 3399 South Hill Rd., Burdett NY 14818. The micro-cabins are right next to the Schoolhouse at 3413 South Hill Rd. You'll find the FLX Farmhouse here: 2530 Upper Foot Hills Rd., Montour Falls, NY 14865.
Q: What's so great about it's location?
They have a perfect trifecta location:
- They are peaceful & quiet as they sit up in the hilly countryside surrounded by woods and farmland
- The FLX Schoolhouse + Micro-cabins are perched on top of a hill giving way to the most amazing sunsets with mountain views as a backdrop where the FLX Farmhouse has 25 private acres with nature trails for you to explore.
- They are also conveniently located to all of your attractions. 5-8 miles above the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and within 5-8 miles you will find everything you need from farm stands and wineries, to restaurants and a convenient store. Watkins Glen is your closest major town and it's only 5-8 miles too! Want to head over to Ithaca or the Cayuga Lake wine trail, it's just a short 30-minute drive.
Q: How's the wifi?
The wifi is very strong in the FLX Schoolhouse and the Micro-cabins. It's fiber-optic wifi with each unit having its own private network. If you are working remotely, you should have no issues. However at the FLX Farmhouse, the wifi is strong but cell reception can be spotty in certain parts of the home.
Q: Is it self-check in?
Yes, all of the properties are self-check in with either a keypad on the door or a lockbox next to the door. You will receive the codes for entry 3 days prior to your arrival. Check in is anytime after 3 pm and check out is at 10 am.
Q: What do I need to bring?
The FLX Escape properties are well-stocked prior to your arrival. This includes linens, towels, and toiletries (including body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hand soap, etc.). You will be responsible for replacing these items to fit your needs if they run out during your rental time.
Q: What's the guest access like?
When staying at the FLX Schoolhouse, guests will have sole access to tree-lined section of the property. If you are booking a micro-cabin, you will have access to the grassy area in front of your cabin looking towards the view.
If you are staying at the FLX Farmhouse, you will have access to the entire 25-acre property.
Q: Can we host parties or events here?
We do not allow parties or events to be hosted here unless you are renting the entire property (the FLX Schoolhouse and the 4 micro-cabins) or the FLX Farmhouse. Please inquire within at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in an entire property rental option.
Q: Do you allow pets?
We do not.
Q: Do you allow smoking?
We do not allow inside smoking of any kind. This includes cigarettes, cigars, cannabis, vaping, etc. You may smoke outside responsibly, discarding your butts properly and safely. If smoking is done inside, you may incur a minimum fine of $250.
Q: What time is check in/out? Early check in/late check out options?
- Check in is anytime after 3 pm
- Check out is 10 am sharp as we need proper time to prepare the rental for the next guests
- Typically we are fully booked and cannot accommodate early check in or a late check out. However feel free to reach out via your booking platform if you would like this option and if we can accommodate, we will.
Q: Can we book just one night?
Our minimum is 2 nights.
Q: What's the neighborhood like?
The FLX Escape Vacation Rentals are 5-8 miles to the first winery on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. On the trail, there are many wineries and breweries along with a distillery and a cider house. Watkins Glen is 5-8 miles from the properties and a convenient mart (the Dandy) is just a few miles away with food, beer, firewood, gas and an ATM.
Heading to Ithaca (it's an awesome town), it's only 30 minutes from the properties and you will find an eclectic mix of eats and culture there. While we are not directly on Seneca Lake, you can access it in Watkins Glen for kayaking, sailboat tours and boat rentals.
Q: We've never been to the Finger Lakes, can you help us plan our getaway?
We are in the process of creating concierge services that will be ultra-personalized based on your wish list. If this is something you are interested in, please email us HERE.
Upon booking, we will provide you with a Local's Guidebook that has everything you need to plan your perfect escape. It's interactive (great for accessing via your cell phone) and lists out everything you need to know about where you are staying and the region as well as our Top 10 places to eat, drink, play and explore! It includes our House Manual information too!
Q: Do we need a car?
Yes, you will need a car to get around. There are private drivers, limo and party bus companies however Uber/Lyft are not reliable or prevalent at this time. Upon book, we will send you our Guidebook which will have a listing of all available options.
Q: What airport should we fly into?
From the north, Rochester International Airport is the closest (1.5 hours) and is the largest airport close to the Finger Lakes. Other regional airports include: Binghamton and Elmira/Corning Regional Airport.
Q: What is your cancelation policy?
- Free cancellation for 48 hours, as long as the you cancel at least 14 days before check-in (time shown in the confirmation email)
- After that, you can cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the cleaning fee, but not any booking service fees or taxes.
Still have a question? Email us at email@example.com we would be happy to assist you!